Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkl55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2023
Hello, I am planning to buy Macbook Air M1 and I have been thinking which color should I choose. I prefer Space Grey, but I have seen various posts showing discoloration in places where the palms rest. Personally, I use a lot of moisturising hand creams due to dry skin, so I am especially worried that this problem may occur for me. Naturally, after using such a cream you don't wash your hands, you only wait for it to be absorbed. Some layer of this cream stays on my hands, so it will be in contact with the laptop (especially where the palms rest). Can anyone here, who owns/owned a Macbook Air in Space Grey, comment on whether they have experienced discoloration? Should I get silver because of this "cream issue"?

Thanks!

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Even silver will get light color discoloration in the palm rest because of oil and sweat. Best option is to choose the color you prefer but get a palm rest film for less than $5. Silicone keyboard cover is also helpful.

Reactions: Piscestg
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.