Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Karfos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
Treasure Coast Florida
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to delete all spam messages at the same time. I used to be able to choose "select all" then "delete". Now I can't do that. I have over 3000 emails I need to get rid of! They are driving me crazy!!
I am on an IPhone and it is gmail.
Much thanks in advance,
Karen

mpavilion

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2014
SFV, CA, USA
In the Spam folder? Don't think there's a way to mass delete on mobile (think you have to use desktop Gmail). Of course, they just sit there and auto-delete after 30 days, so you can ignore the folder(?)

Reactions: Karfos

Karfos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
Treasure Coast Florida
In the Spam folder? Don't think there's a way to mass delete on mobile (think you have to use desktop Gmail). Of course, they just sit there and auto-delete after 30 days, so you can ignore the folder(?)

Hi! No, I don't have a spam folder in my gmail. The only other folder that I have besides the usual ones is "All Mail". I deleted them from my laptop gmail but they are still there.

mpavilion

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2014
SFV, CA, USA
Hi! No, I don't have a spam folder in my gmail. The only other folder that I have besides the usual ones is "All Mail". I deleted them from my laptop gmail but they are still there.

Hmm... maybe "Use Spam Folder" is an option you can turn on via laptop? I've always had it, I think...

Jim165

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2015
switch to Inbox, which is an enhanced Gmail mail app. It has mass delete for all folders. You can use your same account.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I second the mention - switch to Inbox. I use it on my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone though I prefer gmail on my desktop (but Inbox on the computer works pretty well too).
[doublepost=1497320275][/doublepost]
I gets lots of them in my gmail too.

Really? My gmail account gets like 6-8 spam emails a week. But.... but my yahoo account.... that gets about 500 every few days. :(. Interestingly enough, I use my Yahoo account as my "public - company - forced to give email on websites" address whereas my gmail account is for business, personal, family.

Karfos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
Treasure Coast Florida
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to delete all spam messages at the same time. I used to be able to choose "select all" then "delete". Now I can't do that. I have over 3000 emails I need to get rid of! They are driving me crazy!!
I am on an IPhone and it is gmail.
Much thanks in advance,
Karen

Thank you everyone!! I can't delete the spam files except manually. I've tried everything with no luck. How frustrating!!

Karfos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
Treasure Coast Florida
I second the mention - switch to Inbox. I use it on my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone though I prefer gmail on my desktop (but Inbox on the computer works pretty well too).
[doublepost=1497320275][/doublepost]

Really? My gmail account gets like 6-8 spam emails a week. But.... but my yahoo account.... that gets about 500 every few days. :(. Interestingly enough, I use my Yahoo account as my "public - company - forced to give email on websites" address whereas my gmail account is for business, personal, family.

I do something pretty similar.
I use my Outlook for all of my day to day stuff.
I use gmail for other stuff that I am required to give my email addy for. Plus all of my emails that need to be saved into a file- I create folders specifically for them.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.