Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
I suppose it is irony, isn’t it????

Atleast my reply was.

Although I have no trust in Spotify actually releasing a Watch app with LTE support in any near future. I will however applaud them should they actually do so.

DieAllianz

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2008
Germany
I sold mi Apple Watch gen1 3 month after the Release and i‘m waiting since then for a Spotify app with offline storage...
I think its hopeless.
But what a is smartwatch worth if i need to bring my Phone with me for Running.
I hate Apple for that

jonesjb

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2009
I sold mi Apple Watch gen1 3 month after the Release and i‘m waiting since then for a Spotify app with offline storage...
I think its hopeless.
I hate Apple for that

Totally agree. This is the one thing preventing me from buying an Apple Watch. It’s a dealbreaker.

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
I think its hopeless.
I hate Apple for that
Is Apple preventing Spotify from doing so?

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I think so. Soon or later we will pass through the ring with Apple Music.
I didn’t know Apple was preventing it. That’s pretty suboptimal.

Pandora have an app, so does Audible. I doubt Spotify is restricted by Apple. Heck, I can even stream my local radio on TuneIn on LTE.
What is Spotify excuse?

Last edited:

Luiggi7

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2017
I don’t really want a Spotify LTE, because I haven’t the watch LTE. But the offline version of Spotify (with downloaded music) would be great for all of us!!!

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Note this currently is just a remote control for your iPhone and doesn’t offer standalone playback when out and about on cellular - hopefully they turn this into something more useful soon!

Reactions: BigCanoe

Treebark

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2010
Note this currently is just a remote control for your iPhone and doesn’t offer standalone playback when out and about on cellular - hopefully they turn this into something more useful soon!

That is always disappointing. I really wish app that needs the phone nearby would be labled a helper app somehow, so apps that are standalone when you are not by your phone (either over LTE, or WiFi) are easier to identify.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.