Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPS127

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but, even though I've turned off background refresh for Spotify, and have deleted and reinstalled the app several times, I'm still finding it draining my battery. Anyone have a solution, please?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
As in you find it showing up on your list of apps that use the battery? What's the percentage that appears there as well as on screen (and perhaps background) time?

JPS127

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
It's at the top of the battery list, with Spotify using, for background activity, 32%, though I'm not running the app at all.

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
It's at the top of the battery list, with Spotify using, for background activity, 32%, though I'm not running the app at all.

What kind of usage are seeing? for example if i use spotify for 2 hrs in car connected via Bluetooth. I only see 4-5% drop which is nothing compare to other music apps i use.

It might be showing 32% for you but that might mean your usage of other apps are less than that. I don't use background app refresh and make sure i close the app once i am done with it, hope this helps!

JPS127

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
You write "close the app." What does that actually entail? I simply stop playing music, and I assume (perhaps wrongly) that it means the app is closed. I may be wrong...

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
You write "close the app." What does that actually entail? I simply stop playing music, and I assume (perhaps wrongly) that it means the app is closed. I may be wrong...

Some apps like Voip ,maps etc can still run in background even background refresh is off.

I close some app from app switcher as soon as i am done,ie maps, facebook, spotify. double tap homebutton and swipe up the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.