Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yinhong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Hi,

In the past, I have been able to use Spotlight (usually via Finder) to search the contents of Numbers spreadsheet files. It is one of the most useful features to me of using a Mac.

However, I've noticed today that it is no longer searching the contents of ALL the Numbers spreadsheets I have, in particular it seems like it's not searching the most recent spreadsheets (e.g. it will search a spreadsheet created in June, but not July, August, or September).

I am using Numbers 5.2 and I found this thread on the Apple Discussion Boards (which frustratingly I can never log in to) where the posters states that he found the problem after updating to Numbers 5.2. This seems like a plausible cause of the problem to me, however, I don't know how to tell which files are created with 5.2 and which are crated with an earlier version.

More importantly, this seems a bug that surely many people must be experiencing and yet I can't seem to find it referenced in many other places! Most importantly, I can't seem to find any solution at all! This is the sort of problem that I cannot work around at all, other than literally manually opening every single spreadsheet and doing a manual search within each one, which is obviously unfeasible.

Any advice whatsoever would be really appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.