Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoRoFoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Hey everyone,
I've been trying to calibrate my Macbook Pro 2.5ghz with the ColorVision Spyder2Pro that we have here at work (I'm a photographer at a studio in CT) and it keeps getting the same error message that it cannot construct the calibration curve.

Error code comes up as this:

-2FFFFFFFE Gamma.cpp 884

Tried different settings, like checking just the contrast box, or the brightness box, and all three together but getting the same error everytime..

If this doesn't work does anyone know how to use ColorSync that came with the Macbook to calibrate?..

Thanks again..

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Just a few general things:

- I can't believe I'm saying this (I usually make fun of people that do), but: Be sure you've run both "Repair Disk Permissions" and "Repair Disk". It's possible the existing profile file is corrupted. Running "Repair Disk" will require you reboot using the OS X install DVD.

- If you're not running from an admin account, log in as an admin and run the tool again. I've got a Spyder 2 Pro, and it won't complete successfully unless I am logged in with an admin account. It's poor design on their part, but there you go.

- Be sure to download any software updates available for the Spyder software before calibrating (do a Google search on "gamma.cpp 884" to learn why).

- With a MacBook Pro, you have a backlight control; but no brightness control and no contrast control.

JoRoFoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Just a few general things:

- I can't believe I'm saying this (I usually make fun of people that do), but: Be sure you've run both "Repair Disk Permissions" and "Repair Disk". It's possible the existing profile file is corrupted. Running "Repair Disk" will require you reboot using the OS X install DVD.

- If you're not running from an admin account, log in as an admin and run the tool again. I've got a Spyder 2 Pro, and it won't complete successfully unless I am logged in with an admin account. It's poor design on their part, but there you go.

- Be sure to download any software updates available for the Spyder software before calibrating (do a Google search on "gamma.cpp 884" to learn why).

- With a MacBook Pro, you have a backlight control; but no brightness control and no contrast control.

Thanks man, I'm definitely logged in as admin on the laptop and I'll Google the gamma code and see what comes up..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.