Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barrierfreeman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Back in March 2016 I got the screen on my Early 2015 13" MBP replaced due to the anti-glare coating starting to peel.

In October 2016 the same thing happened again, so off I trundled the hour to the nearest Apple store again. Eyebrows were raised that it happened again, asked whether I lived in a greenhouse, but it was replaced again.

Roll on to now, June 2017, and giving my screen it's monthly wipe, and it's only bloody well gone again.

I am starting to question myself here. But my screen care goes as far as wiping the dust off every now and again, and once a month using a damp (water only) cloth (lint free fresh out the packet) to get any marks off and then dry.

I don't live anywhere humid, the laptop never leaves the house or has it's screen closed.

Oh well....back to Apple I guess.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Oh man, that's nuts. Props for trundling though, as least you weren't trudging across the tundra, mile after mile. :)

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I am experiencing a similar issue with my Early 2015 13 inch MacBook Pro. Question: how long did it take to get the screen replaced? Did you have to schedule a genius bar appointment? If so, how far in advance did you schedule the appointment? I won't be able to get mine fixed until next year when I return the US. I will be there maybe for a week. Do you think thats ample time to get it fixed?

Barrierfreeman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Hard to give timeframes for different countries, as I am in the UK, but my first took 2 days, and the second was same day. Always book an appointment at the genius bar, as you can never guess how busy it'll be on the day.

If you booked a Genius appt for as early as possible in your trip, also explain the time issues, and you should be sorted by the time you go back to Jamaica.

In relation to how far in advance I booked, for this trip I booked today for tomorrow morning :)

Reactions: Mr. Dee

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Hard to give timeframes for different countries, as I am in the UK, but my first took 2 days, and the second was same day. Always book an appointment at the genius bar, as you can never guess how busy it'll be on the day.

If you booked a Genius appt for as early as possible in your trip, also explain the time issues, and you should be sorted by the time you go back to Jamaica.

In relation to how far in advance I booked, for this trip I booked today for tomorrow morning :)
Thanks so much, will definitely do that!

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
I am experiencing a similar issue with my Early 2015 13 inch MacBook Pro. Question: how long did it take to get the screen replaced? Did you have to schedule a genius bar appointment? If so, how far in advance did you schedule the appointment? I won't be able to get mine fixed until next year when I return the US. I will be there maybe for a week. Do you think thats ample time to get it fixed?
It took about 2 hours to get one replaced for me. Dropped it off, walked around the mall, ate dinner, came back and picked it up good as new.

Barrierfreeman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
MBPs have an antiglare coating? They look pretty reflective to me.

Meh...take it up with Apple:

uVvXVF8.jpg

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
I couldn't get down to the mall until the weekend, I think I made the appointment 2-3 days beforehand.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I couldn't get down to the mall until the weekend, I think I made the appointment 2-3 days beforehand.
I am going to make my appointment at least a month in advance before I travel. I would be arriving on a Sunday, so I hope they are open then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.