Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skb19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone!

I’ve had watchOS 4 ever since it came out and am using it on a series 2. While I am happy about most of the updates, there is one little quirk I am curious if anyone else has noticed.

I use the Stand reminders in Activity and am always aiming for the 12 hour goal. When I used to look at the progress bar, the hour I was currently on would pulse if I had not yet reached the goal for the hour. Now in watchOS 4, I’ve noticed it won’t even have a bar for the current hour. Since the screen is small, I find myself having to count the bar in reference to the 12 or 6 o’clock hour markers. I have attached a picture for reference. Since it is in the 11:00 hour, there should be a bar pulsing to let me know I’m still working towards that hour goal, yet there is no bar at all. Has anyone else noticed this or had this problem? It’s annoying me a lot more than I expected it to. I even tried to unpair and repair my watch to my phone last night.

Thank you!!

34DA5E97-6582-4FB6-80FB-3D965300EB76.jpeg

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Mince doesn't pulse. Series 3 LTE. Battery saving on apples part? Every little helps.

ttforever

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2015
Mines the same, seems a specific change in watch OS4, as right the way through all the other watch OS's it did what you describe. Its really annoying actually!

Mince doesn't pulse. Series 3 LTE. Battery saving on apples part? Every little helps.
[doublepost=1509013688][/doublepost]This is apparently fixed in watch os4.1 coming next week (probably next week with ios11.1)
Mines the same, seems a specific change in watch OS4, as right the way through all the other watch OS's it did what you describe. Its really annoying actually!

Reactions: Zxxv
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.