Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Im at the store right now and I saw a bunch of people gathering around . Then I notice Ward and Staal and the Stanley Cup right in the middle of them.

Then as Im on this macbook they plop it down right next to me so I used the built in iSight to take a picture of it. And here it is

photo16ih.jpg

But the bigger news is that they have blonde bombshells for wives/girlfriends. I think more people were taking pictures of them then the cup.

I shouldve gotten one haha.

live4ever

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2003
Staal lived just up the road from me (I played hockey with his older cousins) - and his girlfriend lives less than a km from my house - it's always good to see another Thunder Bay boy doing well.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
clayj said:
As a Hurricanes fan, I have to say that is a sweet picture. I'd give someone else's left nut to get that close to the Stanley Cup. :cool:

Take Gary's.:eek:

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
clayj said:
As a Hurricanes fan, I have to say that is a sweet picture. I'd give someone else's left nut to get that close to the Stanley Cup. :cool:

Yeah, being close to the Stanley Cup is a cool thing. When the Oilers won the Stanley Cup in '84, it made an appearance at my high school graduation party. One of my classmates' dad worked for the Oilers organization.

(And now you can probably guess how old I am...)

Also, Mark Messier went to my high school, although a few years ahead of me. His dad was a teacher and taught my two older brothers. Plus, the Oilers did a charity volleyball game at my high school, so we had the likes of Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Lowe, etc. visting our gym. It was great and they were all very gracious with their time and signatures and such.

Okay, that's enough of my "close to the NHL" stories...

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I ALMOST got to see the cup. My CEO came to town and they all went out to a restaurant, but I couldn't go because I already had plans. The cup was at the restaurant (a restaurant called Rey's) This was a few days after we won it too!

mrzeve said:
Im at the store right now and I saw a bunch of people gathering around . Then I notice Ward and Staal and the Stanley Cup right in the middle of them.

Then as Im on this macbook they plop it down right next to me so I used the built in iSight to take a picture of it. And here it is

But the bigger news is that they have blonde bombshells for wives/girlfriends. I think more people were taking pictures of them then the cup.

I shouldve gotten one haha.

Oh you lucky, lucky bas- er, I mean, guy! Thanks for taking the pic. As a NY Rangers fan who was in California in June of '94 This picture is the closest I've ever been to the cup. :(

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Boggle said:
Oh you lucky, lucky bas- er, I mean, guy! Thanks for taking the pic. As a NY Rangers fan who was in California in June of '94 This picture is the closest I've ever been to the cup. :(
Yeah I hear you.

First thing I did when I was right next to it was locate the 94 Rangers team engraving. It was fun reading the names and everything.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
Isn't Stanley that guy that you always see with Snoop Dogg in his videos? I would have figured his cup would have more bling. Platinum is nice but no diamonds? :confused:

Did you get any snaps of Snoop?

;->

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
:eek:

You lucky dog. I'd definitely give someone's left nut to be so close to Lord Stanley's Cup.

And my dream job is to babysit the cup... too bad that other guy already has that job. That would be totally sweet. That's all you do is follow the cup around the world.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Boggle said:

Mark Messier, Adam Graves and Brian Leech brought the cup into McSorley's Old Ale House in 1994. The place was even more wild than it usually is. I got splashed with beer that was poured into it.

http://www.beertravelers.com/details/newyork/mcsorleys.html

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
OMG I'm jealous.

I was at the awards the other day and I didn't even get that close to the cup. The only times I've actually touched it is at the hall of fame. Not nearly as exciting there though.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Boggle said:
As a ranger fan, i feel your pain.... :(
i also have a picture of me next to the cup...somewhere...

killuminati said:
OMG I'm jealous.

I was at the awards the other day and I didn't even get that close to the cup. The only times I've actually touched it is at the hall of fame. Not nearly as exciting there though.
isn't the one on display their, a "fake" while the real one is kept in a vault for safe-keeping :confused:

Attachments

• DSCF0011.jpg
    DSCF0011.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 95
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.