Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mszilard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Hello
I have 2 homepods OG paired, till now let's say the left one wath the main one, meaning that when i asked a question the left one responded. Something happned and now the right one is the dominant one. I tried switching left-right from the home application, but it won't switch the main one.
Is there a way to set the right homepod to be the main one?

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016
Hello
I have 2 homepods OG paired, till now let's say the left one wath the main one, meaning that when i asked a question the left one responded. Something happned and now the right one is the dominant one. I tried switching left-right from the home application, but it won't switch the main one.

Tap (manually, with your hand) on top of the homepod that you want to be handling Siri requests from now on and ask Siri a question (like what time it is). From that moment, that homepod will always be "in charge" of the Siri requests.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
Hello
same thing happened to me.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
Tap (manually, with your hand) on top of the homepod that you want to be handling Siri requests from now on and ask Siri a question (like what time it is). From that moment, that homepod will always be "in charge" of the Siri requests.
thanks, will have to do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.