Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
Buy one in store. A lot of stores are now stocked with iPhone 7s and 7 pluses in all colors and configurations.

Mcflip78

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
I picked up a 128 GB jet black 7+ in my local store last weekend. :)

Same here. But mine was 256GB. I got tired of waiting for my Pre-order that never shipped even though i pre-ordered 20 minutes after preorders went live lol

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
As another user mentioned, iStocknow is fairly accurate in determining available colors and configurations. In my area, stock seems to be widely available, with the exception of Jet Black in some area's.

sl1200mk2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
Yes, check iStocknow.com -- my original estimated date for a 7+ MB 128GB was mid November. I checked the site twice a day, found one locally and did an in-store pickup earlier this week (though for the 256GB model). 10AM and 2PM EDT seemed like the best times to check. The only issue is that you'll need to cancel your existing online order, so it's a bit of a gamble. You can't do a local purchase if you already have an order in the system. Luckily, I was able to cancel my online order which took a few minutes and have enough time to place a 2nd order for pickup before someone else got it.

It's always been a problem to get Apple products near launch, but this year seems particularly bad.

apwtwenty

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
Yes, check iStocknow.com -- my original estimated date for a 7+ MB 128GB was mid November. I checked the site twice a day, found one locally and did an in-store pickup earlier this week (though for the 256GB model). 10AM and 2PM EDT seemed like the best times to check. The only issue is that you'll need to cancel your existing online order, so it's a bit of a gamble. You can't do a local purchase if you already have an order in the system. Luckily, I was able to cancel my online order which took a few minutes and have enough time to place a 2nd order for pickup before someone else got it.

It's always been a problem to get Apple products near launch, but this year seems particularly bad.
i reserved one through the reservation page, then while i was in the store i couldn't cancel via the apple mobile site, so i logged onto a Mac in store and canceled the online order from there ( :

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
It is interesting to see the ship times still that far out being over a month since launch. Chances are the phone will come sooner but is odd to say the least. Especially as mentioned above you have better chances to reserve online.

VesselA

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2015
I think apple are tweaking a few things with the engineering of the plus, trying to stop the creaking, popping sound with the case and reduce the processor hiss and buzz.
Ive noticed on istocknow in the UK there are no pluses for sale in any stores, apart from 1 or 2 devices in central London, which is ridiculous weeks after a new release.

Apple must be trying to sort something without hoping people notice.
If the plus is consistently flawed with the creaks and excessive processor noise Apple should have done a recall or not have let them pass quality check.
I suspect in few weeks stores will have good plus stock and they wont, click, pop or hiss as much.

Reactions: Cass67 and itsreakk

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
It is interesting to see the ship times still that far out being over a month since launch. Chances are the phone will come sooner but is odd to say the least. Especially as mentioned above you have better chances to reserve online.
Remember Apple is still launching in new markets so they're allocating stock to other parts of the world.

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
Wait... there's people still waiting for delivery?

Go buy it in a store already!!! Pretty soon people are going to tell you to wait for next year's phone.

ama0219

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Greensboro, NC
They are still kind of hard to find in store. We picked up a 7 plus 256gb rose gold and a 7 plus jet black 256gb in store a week ago. My husband got the last jet black in store that wasn't reserved.

jin512

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2014
Got one yesterday afternoon at a local Apple Store. 256 GB Sim Free 7 Plus. Keep looking. Don't look at iStock, look on Apple's website. iStock wasn't accurate for me.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
Got one yesterday afternoon at a local Apple Store. 256 GB Sim Free 7 Plus. Keep looking. Don't look at iStock, look on Apple's website. iStock wasn't accurate for me.

No intention of using iStock. I assumed the post was from someone connected to that site.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
This is wrong. No store around me has any pluses. 7s, yes.

I am having trouble finding the black plus in store. Haven't seen one in stock in about a week in my area of any storage capacity. All others colors including jet black I keep finding. The wait continues I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.