Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

demwun

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2016
Hi, guys, I was made aware of this from someone else on Reddit who asked me to check if it happened on mine. If you set your regular video recording to 30fps / 60fps and 4K, zoom all the way in and pan across your surroundings. It causes this weird buzzing sound with a vibration of the lens too.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
mine doesnt seem to have this vibration/sound.
record video at 30fps 4K, zoom in/out all the way, nothing.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Any kind of buzzing or vibration will damage your camera. Not a good idea to try.

demwun

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2016
Any kind of buzzing or vibration will damage your camera. Not a good idea to try.
This is minor to the point that I can’t feel it or hear it while recording the video. It’s only present afterwards when I watch the video. Also, “any vibration”? So like, when your phone rings? Or when you drop your phone on the table?

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
This is minor to the point that I can’t feel it or hear it while recording the video. It’s only present afterwards when I watch the video. Also, “any vibration”? So like, when your phone rings? Or when you drop your phone on the table?

No, when your camera module becomes the Taptic Engine, then you know damage is occurring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.