Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Herbit

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
I could not care less about the news section, but I didn’t find a way to hide it. The intraday lines are also pretty useless, as they are missing any scale. Also no way to hide these. And why do I need the big headline with the current date??
I find it alarming that Apple can’t get basic stuff right any more.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I could not care less about the news section, but I didn’t find a way to hide it. The intraday lines are also pretty useless, as they are missing any scale. Also no way to hide these. And why do I need the big headline with the current date??
I find it alarming that Apple can’t get basic stuff right any more.
And then there were others who complained that the previous old version was too basic and hasn't been updated in a long time and needed something "new". Often enough it's one of those "can't please everyone" type of things.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
If history is any guide,  will keep changing things regardless if it's an "improvement" or not. Just for the sake of change.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I think all the updates to the standard apps have made them worse than before but people probably would have complained that they hadn't been updated. Simple and informative is much better for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.