Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Anyone there have experience with Stop Restoring iPhone?

Background:
I'm part of the iUP program. When my 12 Pro arrived on launch day, I set it up from the last backup of my 11 Pro (that same morning) and then successfully shipped back my 11 pro. Everything went smooth, as has been typical, and I've been enjoying my 12 Pro.

Issue:
Today, I went to upgrade my 12 Pro to 14.2 and it was taking an unusually long time to complete - which it never did. It appears I am unable to do so as my phone is currently being restored and will automatically back up when it is done. Huh? When I checked my iCloud devices, this new Pro 12 has never backed up. Does this mean it is still restoring from that initial, launch day setup based on my 11 pro backup?? if so, thats jacked up.

I do see the option to Stop Restoring iPhone. When selecting this, I am greeted with a. screen that says in doing so, any data not backed up will ;not per available in the next backup. When selecting this, I am greeted with a pop up indicating "Any data that has not been downloaded will not be store or backed up in the future." Don't like that. At all. It does seem that something is hung up if it still hasn't completed the restore from my 11 Pro backup. I've never seen it take that long (and/or, why would its let me start using the 12 Pro if it wasn't complete?). How long do I let this continue before pulling the plug? How detrimental lis pulling said plug?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.