Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
I ordered 1TB 14P for pickup at my local Apple Store, picked a window for picking it up and placed order. Same thing when I ordered my husband’s phone. Both of our confirmation emails gave shipping estimate of Sept 16, without any mention of our store pick up. Hope it will correct itself. Anyone else have this happen?

EngenZerO

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
Denver, CO
Had this happen to me! No idea how to fix it and I can’t get a hold of anyone at Apple as it kicks me out once I enter my web order number.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
It was happening to me but caught before I ordered. The problem seemed to be when you selected a store and time and the time was no longer available, they switched it to delivery instead of a new time slot. This happened because your slot was full. Kinda crappy design.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
This happened to me as well. I chose a pick up time then it kept switching to delivery. Instead of wasting more time trying to pick a different time, I finally just placed the order under delivery. I was afraid it would slip to later delivery date.

Got a purple 14pro max 512g for launch delivery

Reactions: maxrest and Jumpie

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
This happened to me as well. I chose a pick up time then it kept switching to delivery. Instead of wasting more time trying to pick a different time, I finally just placed the order under delivery. I was afraid it would slip to later delivery date.

Got a purple 14pro max 512g for launch delivery
I was about to switch stores and secured the same as you. Although I had black as a backup plan. That fell through.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
It was happening to me but caught before I ordered. The problem seemed to be when you selected a store and time and the time was no longer available, they switched it to delivery instead of a new time slot. This happened because your slot was full. Kinda crappy design.
This is exactly what happened to me numerous times. I was having issues with Apple Pay. so the by the time I was able to check out the time slots were unavailable. I fixed it by choosing a checkout time a bit later in the day as it was clear people wanted the earliest check out times first haha.

Isaiah408

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2020
I ordered 1TB 14P for pickup at my local Apple Store, picked a window for picking it up and placed order. Same thing when I ordered my husband’s phone. Both of our confirmation emails gave shipping estimate of Sept 16, without any mention of our store pick up. Hope it will correct itself. Anyone else have this happen?
Same happened to me except shipping date moved to Sept 28-Oct 3. I was on right at 7:00am. Frustrating.

Z6128

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2005
New Jersey
I called support since I couldn't process my order for store pick up, just delivery. All she said was the iPhones are delivery only at this time and she's not sure why. Really chaotic, no one seems to know what's happening.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Ha! Mine had standard delivery but for the trade in materials it was in store pickup. 🤦🏾‍♂️

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
This happened to me so I just called UPS and had it held for pick-up at the local customer care center. It's not as much fun as waiting in line at the Apple Store, but at least I shouldn't have to wait all day for the UPS driver.

IslesFan

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2013
Long Island, NY
This happened to me so I just called UPS and had it held for pick-up at the local customer care center. It's not as much fun as waiting in line at the Apple Store, but at least I shouldn't have to wait all day for the UPS driver.
Can you let us know if you have any issues picking up your phone? I had a issue two years ago where they refused to give me my phone even though I had a valid hold on it.

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
Can you let us know if you have any issues picking up your phone? I had a issue two years ago where they refused to give me my phone even though I had a valid hold on it.
Sure! I've done it in the past and had no issues. I was very clear when I spoke to the UPS person that I wanted to get it on Friday for sure. She even gave me the address of the local UPS customer care center (which I already knew since it's about a 1/2 mile from where I live). I do always worry there'll be a snafu (which could happen with home delivery, too). I'll prolly call UPS again on Thursday and double-check that the hold is in place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.