Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awshucks

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2023
I am confused as to why my AirPods Pro 2 are making this sound the last 3 days. Any suggestions?

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
That is the location sound from »Find my«-by Apple. Do you share the location of them with somebody? open »Find my« and check the status of your Airpods.

awshucks

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2023
That is the location sound from »Find my«-by Apple. Do you share the location of them with somebody? open »Find my« and check the status of your Airpods.
I do not share the location with anybody, but I as the organizer have 2 other people in Family Sharing in iCloud+. I do share some AirTags with some family members, but not AirPods. The sound happens when I have devices nearby.

I just found out that a while back I tried to play a sound on the case to find them, but it did not seem to work. I just opened Find My and saw the attached picture. Thanks for pointing out it was find my! I think it may make a sound every few hours just so they can be noticed since the pinging sound is pending.

Attachments

• IMG_2509.jpeg
    IMG_2509.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 28
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.