Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renzanity125

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2017
Yesterday i tried to sync music on my itunes and its not detecting my iphone. so i decide to check if its up to date both of them are up to date. so i try to reinstall all apple files and make fresh installation of itunes. and then after plugging in my device it says "iphone cannot be used because the required software"
so i decide to search it on web most people solution said, install WINRAR extract the itunes installer and find "applemobiledevicesupport64" and repair it so i tried to repair it and it says its not installed. i try to install it and it says "the installer encoutered errors before apple device support could be configured"
03d81a5c4c1e4646be8aa55b5b4a1ef8.jpg

so i found out that even if i use the Package installer and install it on my windows it will ignore the "applemobiledevicesupport64" and install the whole itunes which the problem will be "iphone cannot be used because the required software"
6c4e386bdf8941eb96efe23925fc450c.jpg

if i try to plug in my device. searching this for the whole day and no one have the same problem as mine. PLEASE HELP ME :(

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
You can try this:

1) Press Windows + R (CMD + R if you're on a Mac) to bring up the Run dialogue box
2) Type in control printers and press OK
3) This will bring up Devices & Printers.
4) Along the bottom in Unspecified, you should see Apple iPhone.
5) Right-click, select Properties.
6) Click Hardware tab.
7) Click Properties again.
8) Click Driver tab.
9) Click Update Driver and select Browse my computer for driver software.
10) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and select next.

Drivers should then install and sort the issue.

N.B: if you get to stage 8/9 and the Update Driver tab is greyed out, there might be a Change Settings button visible somewhere there or on a different tab.

Please quote this and let me know how you get on. If you get stuck anywhere on the above steps, please screenshot what you get.

renzanity125

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2017
You can try this:

1) Press Windows + R (CMD + R if you're on a Mac) to bring up the Run dialogue box
6) Click Hardware tab.
8) Click Driver tab.
10) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and select next.

N.B: if you get to stage 8/9 and the Update Driver tab is greyed out, there might be a Change Settings button visible somewhere there or on a different tab.

Please quote this and let me know how you get on. If you get stuck anywhere on the above steps, please screenshot what you get.
Update driver option is not available what went wrong? :O
97a27ee869d6482ea0f07db1ce82ab85.jpg

[doublepost=1488286680][/doublepost]
You can try this:

6) Click Hardware tab.
8) Click Driver tab.

One more thing i tried to use TROUBLESHOOT COMPATIBILITY it says not compatible
Im using Windows 7 ultimate 64BIT and the installer is 64bit too
63d2572b3170457e8da67b86726b3bb9.jpg

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Update driver option is not available what went wrong? :O
97a27ee869d6482ea0f07db1ce82ab85.jpg

[doublepost=1488286680][/doublepost]
One more thing i tried to use TROUBLESHOOT COMPATIBILITY it says not compatible
Im using Windows 7 ultimate 64BIT and the installer is 64bit too
63d2572b3170457e8da67b86726b3bb9.jpg

Apologies for my belated reply. If you click the General tab, is there a Change Settings button? Once you press that, can you Update Driver software from there, with the steps previously described?

renzanity125

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2017
Apologies for my belated reply. If you click the General tab, is there a Change Settings button? Once you press that, can you Update Driver software from there, with the steps previously described?
theres no change settings :(
753d6ffdf9b347fba6d7f7288a308074.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.