Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexwukoson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
I've noticed some strange glitches recently. Images becoming pixelated messes, Netflix occasionally flashing a green screen during playback . . . Not sure if they're related though. I'm not very computer-savvy, so I was hoping someone here could help.

Attached are a couple examples:
Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 1.25.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 1.25.11 PM.png

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Boot to your recovery system (restart, holding Command + r), which will have a menu window. One of the choices will be to Reinstall macOS.
But, most folks would download the current macOS High Sierra installer, through the App Store.
The installer app will download (it's more than 5GB, so will take some time). The installer automatically launches when the download completes. Quit the installer, and use one of the methods to create a USB bootable installer.

Apple has steps for reinstalling the system here.
another method that works well, is to download one of the apps that makes that process simple, such as DiskMakerX.

You could also run Diagnostics on your new Mac, just to see if any hardware problem is reported.
Restart, while holding the D key. Follow the steps to run the test.

Reactions: alexwukoson
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.