Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Riverdragon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2017
I have noticed something odd and irritating about the iOS version of Garageband.
Short version:
The number of frets shown in any of the guitar/notes modes seems arbitrary because my iPhone 7plus shows 11 but my iPad Mini 4 shows 8 even though it's display is slightly higher resolution.
More details:
When I tried it out on a new 10.5 iPad Pro and a new 12.9 iPad Pro at the Augusta Apple Store yesterday they also both showed only 8 frets. Oddly enough, a previous generation iPad Pro 12.9 that they brought out for testing showed 13 frets! I took a photo to prove it. The old 9.7 pro shows 8. Plus there is no way to zoom in or out or scale the fretboard or even to move it to get to the other frets(That we could find anyway).
I sent feedback to Apple on the app store but haven't heard anything back. The Apple Store employees didn't have an answer either and were quite surprised.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1423.JPG
    IMG_1423.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 143

jenss

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2008
GarageBand on my new 12.9 has the same UI as shown to the right on your photo. Someone else in this forum complained that it happened after the latest update to GarageBand, so it's likely a bug that'll be fixed in a future update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.