Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FurryBadgers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2018
Hello,

So this is a really weird one.

I've been connecting to my HomeVPN via Tunnelblick without issue for a while now. This morning (whilst using it), pages and servers on my home network stopped responding. No matter how many times I disconnected and reconnected, it still happened.

I've tried the following:

a) Uninstalling Tunnelblick

b) Deleting LaunchDaemons/LaunchAgents folders

c) Deleting the VPN configuration profiles

d) Running route flush to remove dodgy routing entries

None of this work has worked.

However, if I ping my router and the servers, they respond. I can also use SSH to connect to my NAS. I can't use any webpages, or source control servers. It seems like certain protocols have just stopped working.

I've confirmed(via connecting on my phone and other machines) that my Home VPN is still working fine - I can access everything elsewhere without issue. Interestingly enough, I tried using Parallels (running my Boot camp parition) and conecting via the OpenVPN client in Windows works!

I have no idea what's happened. It seems like something has randomly corrupted the VPN connection/routing.

Other than restoring my MBP, has anybody else got any suggestions? I've never encountered this problem before in years.

FurryBadgers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2018
Solved it!

If anybody has the same issue, it was Tunnelblick. For some reason, it refused to send any packets (but said NOTHING in the logs at all). Uninstalling it and instead using OpenVPN Connect fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.