Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BotchQue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 22, 2019
Ever since I updated my iPhone SE (v2) to iOS 18 I keep getting these lockscreen messages "My Home: The home hub is not responding." alternating with "My Home: A home hub is now responding", once or twice a day.
I don't have a "Home Hub" (I do have the latest AppleTV, could that be it?) I checked the Apps folder under Settings, and it mentioned a My Home app, but it wasn't on my phone, (I could download it).
Anybody else have this issue, or know how to find a switch I need to flip? It's not the end of the world but it is mildly irritating...

activetacos

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2021
Ever since I updated my iPhone SE (v2) to iOS 18 I keep getting these lockscreen messages "My Home: The home hub is not responding." alternating with "My Home: A home hub is now responding", once or twice a day.
I don't have a "Home Hub" (I do have the latest AppleTV, could that be it?) I checked the Apps folder under Settings, and it mentioned a My Home app, but it wasn't on my phone, (I could download it).
Anybody else have this issue, or know how to find a switch I need to flip? It's not the end of the world but it is mildly irritating...
You're not the only one, same exact thing happening to me -- found this thread by Googling the issue. I also have the latest Apple TV but have never set up any kind of home hub.

Someone else asking on Reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/1fsxmur
I'm not just getting the notifications on my iPhone, but on my Mac too. Same thing, once or twice a day.

I've just tried going into the Home app on my Mac, where the only thing listed is my Apple TV, clicking on it and clicking "Remove accessory" at the bottom -- it took several tries but it finally removed itself. Here's hoping that fixes it.

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
I have a ghost hub as well after migrating my iPhone to my new one. Some of the weirdest things have been happening since. Prior to migrating, I was on the dev beta and had no issues. Things were amazingly solid!

Reactions: BotchQue
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.