Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chiccociolla

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2016
Hi guys
I've just got a brand new MacBook Pro Retina 15'', 500/16GB, the model you can find now on the store.
Well, everything great, obvious! apart from 1 thing a noticed since from the very beginning:
safari (v9.1) is slow! To be precise, is slow in some pages/situations.
I have no problem at all in general use, but for example when I open a pdf within a safari tab in scrolls slowly, and, even more strange, when I use whatsapp web, it takes several seconds (seconds!!) to show me the emoji panel! (this problem has been discussed with no solution still here: https://discussions.apple.com/message/30105207?ac_cid=tw123456#30105207)

Any suggestion? As I said it all started since from the first startup of this machine, and I did not import any previous backup.
I tent to think about a software issue, is there anything I can try? empty the cache or similar? thank you guys!

p.s. the same pdf and whatsapp web work obviously seamless in e.g. Chrome ;)

richard2

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2010
England, United Kingdom
I have no problem at all in general use, but for example when I open a pdf within a safari tab in scrolls slowly, and, even more strange, when I use whatsapp web, it takes several seconds (seconds!!) to show me the emoji panel!

1. Can you share the PDF document with us?

2. This is a compatibility issue between WhatsApp Web and Safari. (When you first use WhatsApp Web, it advises you to use Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.)

chiccociolla

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2016
1. Can you share the PDF document with us?

2. This is a compatibility issue between WhatsApp Web and Safari. (When you first use WhatsApp Web, it advises you to use Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.)
1- I sure can, but it happens with every pdf I open within safari!
2- I know of that issue, but I am also sure that it worked perfectly on my previous MBP 2011, with safari, :(

chiccociolla

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2016
Are any relevant messages written to the system log when you open a PDF document in Safari? (You can view the system log using Console.)
thanks for your reply!
I must confess I am not so familiar with the console..
However this is its appearance once
- closed safari
- cleaned the console
- opened safari
- pasted a link to a pdf

anything strange?
Schermata_2016_04_27_alle_16_46_29.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Attachments

• Schermata 2016-04-27 alle 16.46.29.png
    Schermata 2016-04-27 alle 16.46.29.png
    390.5 KB · Views: 189
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.