Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Lets see 'em.

Any good old well worn ones?

Seems everyone has one that screams "Canon" or "Nikon" all over it, what about something different.

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
I'm an UPstrap user. The OpTech is good too but the UPstrap is just a better strap if you carry your camera over your shoulder most of the time. Both, however, are lightyears ahead of stock straps.

bvonarx

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
upstrap is so uncool it's cool, otherwise checkout the LowePro version, much cooler

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Will do thanks!

Is the free one from Smugmug for the $150/Y users, or us cheap skates?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I don't use a strap. I'd rather not use a strap than use the one included with the D300. It's just too much advertising. I don't want the world to think I'm a douche-bag, and I certainly don't want to alert every thief that I own an expensive camera.

I saw a Lowepro one that I really really liked, but I didn't buy it because I didn't have money on me. Actually, I was leaving Japan in like 5 hours, and I didn't have enough Yen. :eek:

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Where can I find those cool vintage logo-free camera straps? You know the ones with that check pattern, like I remember my Dad having back in the '70's.

seany916

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2006
Southern California
I went to a wrist strap and will never go back. only shoot with shoulder straps when I have to have more than one camera on my person (which gets in my way), but have to do so if an assistant isn't available at the moment.

I HATE longer straps

chriscl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
I'll vote for Op/Tech - I put an Op/Tech on my Canon 30D and it's miles ahead of the stock Canon one - for one it is much comfier and doesn't dig into my neck (all that padding!)

Secondly, and worth considering, the strap says "Op/Tech" on it - not Canon (or not "Hey! I've got a camera! Mug me!)

riscy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
China
Only the ones hanging on the bed... and they are very worn.

Oh, that's not the kind you meant!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.