Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
Last night I discovered, that all my internet-radio streaming links were broken and didn't work with iTunes 10 on my 12" PowerBook anymore.
Searching for another web-radio streaming app I was lucky to find "FStream".
You will find the latest version to work with PPC/Leopard&Tiger via Wayback Machine. Reading the History there's obviously a version for os9 but I didn't dig any deeper yet, though I'm looking forward to stream radio on my "new" 1st gen. Bondi-iMac.
Here's the link for Leopard/Tiger:
https://web.archive.org/web/20100304143123/https://www.sourcemac.com/?page=fstream

Finally I was able to update the radio-links for iTunes too, which is way more smarter since I can choose any of our AirportExpress&attached speakers to stream sound-out via AirTunes.
How about your ways to use PPC as a music-streaming/radio-streaming device...?

Dronecatcher

macrumors 603
Jun 17, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
I've been using FStream for a while - it's great for recording shows while you're busy doing something else too.
Mplayer can be used for streaming too - make a bunch of scripts for each station, put in a folder and link to the dock for instant access.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
A couple of years ago iTunes broke for internet stations. The solution at the time was simply to load the streaming URL. Once you put that in, iTunes created a bookmark and there were no more issues.

But if you already have URLs then that's wierd. I haven't had any issues on iTunes 4.0 with my Quad.

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
I've been using FStream for a while - it's great for recording shows while you're busy doing something else too.
Yeah, I forgot to mention the recording-option. That's great too!
[doublepost=1521650233][/doublepost]
A couple of years ago iTunes broke for internet stations. The solution at the time was simply to load the streaming URL. Once you put that in, iTunes created a bookmark and there were no more issues.
But if you already have URLs then that's wierd. I haven't had any issues on iTunes 4.0 with my Quad.
Ah, there must have been something wrong with my URL links - the Radio-section within iTunes always worked but my collection of links to Streaming-Radio-stations simply didn't work anymore. After I collected all the links from the respective stations everything is fine aganin with both iTunes and FStream.
It's nice having found another gem!

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland

This still works on Mac OS 9 in iTunes last I checked. Simply paste the station URL in and create a bookmark.

ltpitt

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2020
Hi all!

I am very interested in this topic, I have installed audion and iTunes on both 9 and 10.4.
Where do you get your radio station links and how do you import them?
Just drag'n'drop?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi all!

I am very interested in this topic, I have installed audion and iTunes on both 9 and 10.4.
Where do you get your radio station links and how do you import them?
Just drag'n'drop?
A lot of internet radio stations will provide either links or PLS files. In the case of a link, open iTunes and then go to File>Open Stream and paste the link.

If you're using a PLS file, simply double click on it (assuming iTunes as the default app) or just drag and drop it to add it.

Can't speak to Audion.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Am I doing something wrong?
No, it's supposed to work. I just tried it in iTunes under Mojave and it didn't work either. I've run across that once or twice (PLS files that don't work). I don't know why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.