Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xostinaa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2023
My 2014 MacBook Pro needed to be reset because “failed with Sonoma and it’s now stuck on Yosemite. It’s been stuck on about 10 minutes for an hour and I’ve done it three times I’ve tried to restart it and it’s it’s stuck. I don’t know what to do past the 10 minute point any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 85

rovostrov

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2020
My 2014 MacBook Pro needed to be reset because “failed with Sonoma and it’s now stuck on Yosemite. It’s been stuck on about 10 minutes for an hour and I’ve done it three times I’ve tried to restart it and it’s it’s stuck. I don’t know what to do past the 10 minute point any suggestions?
I've had this issue in the past. The installation bar and time remaining are sometimes inaccurate. I'd wait it out but if there is still no progress, try a hard reboot by holding down the power button. It should reboot and continue the installation. If that fails, try a PRAM reset before trying to install again

Last edited:
Reactions: wegster

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
If you can't get the Sonoma install to work
and
You can't get booted back to your old OS
then
You could try booting to INTERNET recovery and getting an OS installed that way.

Are you backed up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.