Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sleepingnemo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2023
I made the mistake of getting the Studio Display with just the tilt, and have ultimately found it to be a bit too low for me. Genius Bar said to switch it to a raise/tilt stand will be roughly $600, so I'm searching for other solutions!

The height of the Satechi Monitor Stand Hub (1.69") is close to what I need (1.5"), but it's a bit wide and long. Plus, I don't need any of those ports except the 3.5mm headphone jack - it's nice to access it in the front like that.

The footprint of this one is perfect, but it is nearly only half the height I need (0.89" v. 1.5") and lacks a headphone jack.
Are there any solutions out there that actually check all of my boxes?

mcnallym

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2008
Exchange it for a Vesa Mount version ?
I don’t know why people wouldn’t go vesa mount after mounting mine couldn go back to desktop stands.

i arctic cooling 3d vesa mounts. Do the job and not too expensive at all.

even takes my dell 3008 without issue and been on just over 2 1/2 years no issues.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
While the height/tilt stand is a beautiful piece of machinery, I'm happy with my two VESA mount ASDs, especially since I can turn one or both portrait.

kitsunesoba

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2020
I don't have an ASD specifically but also recommend a good VESA arm. Very happy with the HumanScale arms I got off of eBay, which are built very heavily and are normally quite expensive but can be had for a fraction of their MSRP from office liquidators. Just make sure to get a model rated for enough weight to handle an ASD.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I was going to say... No way was I going to pay for just a slight adjustable stand when I was already paying this much for a monitor.

Looking at getting this for my desk. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087BW5QK1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A399MQJFCYNQ4V&psc=1 But I really like how the desk looks without it right now... so I haven't quite pulled the trigger yet.

This monitor, in its default state, is higher than my other monitor, but not quite eye level. :p

sleepingnemo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2023
I was going to say... No way was I going to pay for just a slight adjustable stand when I was already paying this much for a monitor.

Looking at getting this for my desk. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087BW5QK1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A399MQJFCYNQ4V&psc=1 But I really like how the desk looks without it right now... so I haven't quite pulled the trigger yet.

This monitor, in its default state, is higher than my other monitor, but not quite eye level. :p
Yes I definitely love how my desk looks now, and this Satechi piece is oddly too wide and long so everything looks a bit... clunky lol

Reactions: BigMcGuire

sleepingnemo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2023

Hey this is great, thank you! You feel like it's tough enough to stand the test of time?!

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Hey this is great, thank you! You feel like it's tough enough to stand the test of time?!
I ended up having to use double sided tape on the bottom to keep the monitor on the stand because the stand is so dang slippery. So I do not recommend the stand anymore because of that.

I hate this because I feel the tape will meld to the bottom and not come off easily. BUT the monitor is eye level and feels AMAZING. My back already is thanking me significantly.

<sigh>. :p

I realize this pic is probably going to give a few people a heart attack... if I had more $, I'd do better. lol.

IMG_0576.jpeg

sleepingnemo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2023

Kevad

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2005
How do you like this?! Is it sturdy enough?

Yes, it's been plenty sturdy for me. I wasn't sure of the height I wanted, so I just printed the model using 15% infill thinking I'd tweak the height a bit and increase the infill for stability on my next print. But, the height turned out to be pretty much perfect, and I haven't even bothered reprinting as it's held up just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.