Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PieTunes

Contributor
Original poster
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
Good evening,

I’m still at work and will be heading to the Apple Store to pick up my new toys later tonight. Does anyone know the length of the power cable? Not the included thunderbolt cable. I just want to ensure I don’t have to rejigger anything in my home office otherwise I would need to pick up a additional/different surge protector on the way back home.

Thanks!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
It’s about 6 feet long.

You mentioned (plural) toys. What else did you buy? Mac Studio? iPad Air?

PieTunes

Contributor
Original poster
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
It’s about 6 feet long.

You mentioned (plural) toys. What else did you buy? Mac Studio? iPad Air?
Thank you for the info! It’s likely about the same length as the iMac power cable then.

I also purchased a Mac Studio with the Ultra. I’ll be selling my 2020 iMac to offset the cost. I just picked them up at the Apple Store and stopped to have some dinner before I open them up.

Reactions: KPOM

Allurelust

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2020
Thank you for the info! It’s likely about the same length as the iMac power cable then.

I also purchased a Mac Studio with the Ultra. I’ll be selling my 2020 iMac to offset the cost. I just picked them up at the Apple Store and stopped to have some dinner before I open them up.
Hey did you managed to unbox yet? Would appreciate if you could confirm on the length of the power cord cable. Thanks!

PieTunes

Contributor
Original poster
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
Hey did you managed to unbox yet? Would appreciate if you could confirm on the length of the power cord cable. Thanks!
Yes, the power cable is about six feet in length, nearly identical to power cable that came with my iMac. Shouldn't be any issues with positioning in one's current setup if replacing their machine.

On a side note, this thing is gorgeous. Notably brighter than the panel in the 2020 iMac.

Reactions: 4sallypat

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Yes, the power cable is about six feet in length, nearly identical to power cable that came with my iMac. Shouldn't be any issues with positioning in one's current setup if replacing their machine.

On a side note, this thing is gorgeous. Notably brighter than the panel in the 2020 iMac.
Yes, it's just gorgeous!

Fixed height is perfect for me.

And I am coming from a 11 year old 27" Thunderbolt display from 2011 !

Reactions: PieTunes

PieTunes

Contributor
Original poster
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
Yes, it's just gorgeous!

Fixed height is perfect for me.

And I am coming from a 11 year old 27" Thunderbolt display from 2011 !
Nice, your upgrade was over a decade in the making haha. I guess that just goes to show the longevity of Apple gear. Hopefully the Studio Display lasts you at least as long!

• Love
Reactions: 4sallypat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.