Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

byron_hinson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2003
Anyone else been getting a bit of a stuttery performance out of the iPhone 12 pro. I sometimes find messaging is slow to type, apps sometimes stutter etc. Just doesn’t feel as smooth as the iPhone 11 Pro was

Iphone 12

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2020
Yes. 12/Pro 14.1/14.2 beta 4/14.2 GM

thread

pbonitati

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2015
Rhode Island
Anyone else been getting a bit of a stuttery performance out of the iPhone 12 pro. I sometimes find messaging is slow to type, apps sometimes stutter etc. Just doesn’t feel as smooth as the iPhone 11 Pro was
Same here. I already reported to Apple. I've had this happen several times where I open iMessage and start typing and nothing is happening, then within a second it catches up and is fine. I did notice this only happens from screen off \ sleep then right into messages

mauijpm

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2020
Oh man. This makes me feel so much better. I literally thought I was losing my mind.
I have a new 12 pro on 14.2 and it is like jitter city. Good to know I guess that there isn't anything I can do to make it better.

Last edited:

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hopefully Apple fix this, sounds like they are still optimizing iOS for the A14, the first 2 months of software updates are always hit or miss with the new phones it seems.

Johnny907

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2014
Yup. It’s an issue with iOS 14, not the phone. I had the same issues with my 2020 SE before switching to the 12 Pro. I notice it most when texting or inputting text like writing this post. I’ll be typing and the screen will freeze and then catch up a second later. It’s annoying but I assume it’ll be patched down the road.

Reactions: AndrewR23
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.