Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marioots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2024
I just updated to the newest mac os which is the mac os Sonoma 14.5 and i noticed a huge bug on my mac. I dont know if its only happening in my mac or what but after a few days after updating i felt really annoyed by the battery life. It became more faster to drain, before i update it i was on the 14.4 everything was perfect, the battery can last for 2-3 days. But now it only last for 1 day in normal use. Also everytime i open apps like word, chrome, and etc my mac started to overheat and even tho i quit all those applications, my mac still overheats. I dont know why. Do you guys have the same problem? and do you have a solution for those problems?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I'm not having those problems, however I also don't run Word or Chrome so that may be why.

With any macOS update, 3rd party apps will usually follow with their own update to correct any issues within a few days.

Reactions: Reverend Benny

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
...my mac started to overheat and even tho i quit all those applications, my mac still overheats.
Which model Mac? What makes you think it's overheating? Is there a warning displayed on the screen? Does it shut down from heat?

radokhlebov

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2024
Same problem with macbook air m1. Battery got drained 50% in couple of hours. I never experienced such a overheat before. Just right after Sonoma 14.5 update. My routine didn't change at all - I was continuing the same tasks I was doing before. Chrome + Docker + VSCode.

Reactions: Marioots

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
I just updated to the newest mac os which is the mac os Sonoma 14.5 and i noticed a huge bug on my mac. I dont know if its only happening in my mac or what but after a few days after updating i felt really annoyed by the battery life. It became more faster to drain, before i update it i was on the 14.4 everything was perfect, the battery can last for 2-3 days. But now it only last for 1 day in normal use. Also everytime i open apps like word, chrome, and etc my mac started to overheat and even tho i quit all those applications, my mac still overheats. I dont know why. Do you guys have the same problem? and do you have a solution for those problems?
No problems on my laptop, while running scores of 3rd party software.
Must be hardware.
;JOOP!

genexx

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2022
No Problem here wit MBA M2 and all the mentioned Proggys.

But heard of a OneDrive Problem (open/close/open loop) no Problem on my Mac´s...
There is also a Problem in Mail when using many Subfolders Imap i heard of (deleted/new loaded loop) no Problem on my Mac´s i have no folders in Imap Accounts and Exchange works with many folders...

Check what Process is running havoc in ActivityMonitor.

Reactions: Reverend Benny

Marioots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2024
Which model Mac? What makes you think it's overheating? Is there a warning displayed on the screen? Does it shut down from heat?
MacBook Air M1, i dont know i think its because of the software bug. There is no warning popped out on my screen, and it doesnt shut down because of the heat.

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
My bad, only for the MBA with apple silicon doesnt have chip
Chip? Fans!
OK, now if it heats up, how far? If you can bake a pancake on it, its too hot.
Almost every automation equipment gets warm, but my laptop doesn't get hot.
If you do not trust it, bring it back.
Then again, the UNIVAC, at the time, was really hot.
;JOOP!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.