Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D_Dubois

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a solution for locking down the iPads on panels for our annual design exhibition.

Last year, we had tethers that were attached to the back of the iPads via an adhesive pad, which worked just okay but I am hoping this year to find something better. We are trying to avoid hassle un-looping the tether from the metal bars on the panel each time we want to charge the iPads.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a solution for locking down the iPads on panels for our annual design exhibition.

Last year, we had tethers that were attached to the back of the iPads via an adhesive pad, which worked just okay but I am hoping this year to find something better. We are trying to avoid hassle un-looping the tether from the metal bars on the panel each time we want to charge the iPads.

Have you done a quick Google search by any chance?

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Hi everyone,

Im not sure what your budget is or your display setup is like, but a quick look and I found this. Seems a little less hassle.

Reactions: D_Dubois

D_Dubois

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
Im not sure what your budget is or your display setup is like, but a quick look and I found this. Seems a little less hassle.

Thanks for your reply, gixxerfool. I will relay this to my colleague. I have a feeling she might balk at the price, but it's worth presenting.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Is this a better price? They even offer a bulk option. The only thing is they seem to limit to minis and 9.7” iPads.

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
Did you lose any iPads at your previous exhibitions? Why not go for the same option, possibly revise it a little? Or possibly hire someone to just standby and keep an eye on the iPads? How many are you setting up at once?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.