Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missyagogo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2016
I am looking for a Mac OS X compatible external virtual surround 7.1 card for use with both Mac gaming and PC gaming (via Bootcamp).

I have the Sennheiser Game One headset. I paired it with a Sennheiser GSX 1000 external sound card and, while the GSX 1000 does have excellent virtual 7.1 surround sound and a great interface, the Game One's microphone does not work through the GSX 1000 due to "known glitches" with the GSX 1000 and USB 3. This is disappointing, since the Game One and the GSX 1000 are meant to work together and are made by the same company.

Sennheiser has poor tech support for this issue and does not stop people from purchasing the GSX 1000 and finding out on their own that this is an unresolved issue. So I get great virtual sound, but I cannot chat with my buddies in-game, so it is not a perfect solution.

I looked into the Creative Labs SoundblasterX G5, but it only supports stereo in Mac. Virtual surround 7.1 can only be obtained in Windows.

Any suggestions for a Mac-compatible external 7.1 sound card that hopefully also supports a headset microphone?

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.