Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artycake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
I bought an iphone x with activation lock, will it work if I swap the memory chip on the logic board with the memory chip from my iphone 6? If not, will it work if I swap it with a memory chip from another iphone x?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Well, we'll start here.

Rule #8 on Things Not To Do:
Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201265337-Forum-Rules#nottodo

This includes iCloud Activation Lock.

Secondly, even if you don't care, Activation Lock is a mechanism to defeat theft. The fact that you are asking what you are asking means you don't have the Apple ID or password for this phone. Which means you aren't the original owner.

And no one here is going to help you defeat an anti-theft mechanism.

You're a newbie account, so if you signed up with the idea that this forum would help you on things like this you are very mistaken.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I bought an iphone x with activation lock, will it work if I swap the memory chip on the logic board with the memory chip from my iphone 6? If not, will it work if I swap it with a memory chip from another iphone x?

i would say 100% no you wasted your $ on nothing

Reactions: crf8 and eyoungren
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.