Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kave

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
The swedish retailer Elgiganten posted a photo of the Apple Watch 8 today.
Skärmavbild 2022-05-30 kl. 09.45.33.png

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
That looks like a knockoff of the Alaskan Blue sport loop from a few years ago combined with the renders of the flat design S7 that were circulating around last summer. I don’t think we can take anything away from this other than someone had a good time with photoshop.
3853E359-F9EE-40A5-98EC-232A8CABF4EF.jpeg

Pandyone

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2021
I don't think this is the actual Apple Watch 8, but just a mockup from the importer that uses Elgiganten service.
Elgiganten is now like Amazon, where other retailers can put up their products, in this case it is sold by "CaseOnline".

Reactions: Significant1

m.x

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2014
Looks super imposed and also looks like the same renders we have seen in MR.
+1. The case doesn’t line up with the band and the colour of the end of the watchstraps (I’m missing the word, sorry) attached to the watch would be dark blue, but on this watch it is black.

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
+1. The case doesn’t line up with the band and the colour of the end of the watchstraps (I’m missing the word, sorry) attached to the watch would be dark blue, but on this watch it is black.
Possible words for the end of the Watch straps are connectors, adaptors, or lugs.

Reactions: m.x

CheezSlime

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2022
current watch design, the way the glass and aluminum case share the same curves is *chefs kiss*. that is the defining look of the watch and by squaring it away... it just looks like a plain shape. it loses the subtle complexity of square/round shape imo.

from a manufacturing stand point squared edge case is easier to make and dont have to follow the curve of the glass while saving a whole process of shaping the curve of the glass. it looks cheaper.

Helmigurt

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2009
Austria
current watch design, the way the glass and aluminum case share the same curves is *chefs kiss*. that is the defining look of the watch and by squaring it away... it just looks like a plain shape. it loses the subtle complexity of square/round shape imo.

from a manufacturing stand point squared edge case is easier to make and dont have to follow the curve of the glass while saving a whole process of shaping the curve of the glass. it looks cheaper.
That’s absolutely true. I think Apple really made something iconic with the Apple Watch design and by now they basically just updated it with better technology to come even closer to the (probably) original design vision. While I like the squared iPhone design it looks super cheap when ‘translated’ to the Apple Watch. I hope they don’t go there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.