Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hobbeldebobbel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2018
For years now I've been an Android user (yeah, I know...) and now my new employer gave me an iPhone (5 SE) for business use. Although I prefer Android, company policy is that only iPhones are issued.

In my Google account (that I have for private use) I have two separate calendars: private and work. I would like my business (i.e. work) appointments (the ones via Outlook on my business laptop and via the iOS calendar on my iPhone) to be synced with my Google work calendar.

Example:
- a new meeting invite arrives via Outlook on my business laptop or I enter it myself manually. Of course this appointment will be synced automatically with my iPhone, but I would like to see it appearing in my Google work calendar as well.
- I accept a meeting invite on my iPhone or I enter one myself manually. Of course this event will be synced with my Outlook, but I would like to see it appearing in my Google work calendar as well.
- for both situations the sync should also be able to process deletions: if I delete an appointment on either my laptop (Outlook) or my iPhone, it should also be deleted in the Google calender. I won't be entering/changing/deleting business appointments in my Google calendar.

In short: at night when I come home I want to turn off my iPhone but sometimes later that night I want to check when my first meeting of the next day is. I would like to check that in Google calendar on my android phone or in a web browser on my private laptop so I don't have to turn on my iPhone again. But for this a sync should take place between my business Exchange account on the one hand and one of my Google calendars on the other hand.

I have already tried with the Google applet of IFTTT (Sync new event added from an iOS Calendar to your GCal), but that doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.