Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sir42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
NY, NY
I run a small business with about ten team members and we recently switched from Dropbox to Microsoft 365 as we were eager to take advantage of Microsoft’s live collaboration tools in Word and Excel. We all use Macs.

We store our files on SharePoint sites, but sync those files locally to our Macs using OneDrive. This way we can open files locally in Finder and still use live collaboration with other members of our team.

About once or twice a week, one member of the team will encounter a sync error. The team member is positive they made changes to a document and that Auto-Save was correctly toggled on. Yet, when they go back to the document later the changes aren’t saved.

This is becoming a real problem for us as team members are getting frustrated that they are losing time re-doing work.

Is there anything we can do to improve the sync experience with SharePoint on Macs?

Thanks!

CoMoMacUser

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2012
Similar problem here: I use OneDrive to store a lot of Word docs so I can work on them on my Mac and PC. Often the changes do not sync. I've had to resort to emailing myself docs so I know I have the latest version. I really regret switching back to Mac and wish I'd just bought another PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.