Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Frahm

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2022
Portsmouth, Va.
I run an iPad 10 gen running newest Os, and i have to tell my iPad to synce, it always says syncing paused to save battery regardless of battery charge, notices in pictures all the time, never used to do this to my knowledge, is this a setting i don’t know of.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Maybe your iPad battery is getting bad. There’s no battery health on iPadOS settings sadly.

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
Maybe your iPad battery is getting bad. There’s no battery health on iPadOS settings sadly.
The battery stats on iPadOS 16/17 are reported in Settings>Privacy & Security>Analytics Data inside a log file named Analytics-some-date-some-digits.ips.ca.synced.

These logs contain quite a lot information, but using Apple Shortcuts you can get the relevant data quite comfortable - e.g.. this is from a 2020 11” iPP:

IMG_2769.jpeg

Download and install e.g. this short cut (Reddit thread source) to see the current battery cycle count - make sure it is added to iPadOS’s Share-menu. Navigate to the analytics data in the settings. Select the analytics file which has e.g. the current date and run the shortcut via the Share-menu.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
The battery stats on iPadOS 16/17 are reported in Settings>Privacy & Security>Analytics Data inside a log file named Analytics-some-date-some-digits.ips.ca.synced.

These logs contain quite a lot information, but using Apple Shortcuts you can get the relevant data quite comfortable - e.g.. this is from a 2020 11” iPP:

View attachment 2241779

Download and install e.g. this short cut (Reddit thread source) to see the current battery cycle count - make sure it is added to iPadOS’s Share-menu. Navigate to the analytics data in the settings. Select the analytics file which has e.g. the current date and run the shortcut via the Share-menu.
The point is, there are no built in features allowing even novice user to check battery health (however accurate Apple want it to be). Yes, log files include those data. Yes, there are ways to utilise them, but do you really expect someone not too familiar with all of those hoops to figure out all of those you just mentioned? I taught someone using a program with literally 3 steps to generate an export file. And I had to repeat it 2 more times for that user to use the program proper. Apple not having this built in Into iPadOS is just puzzling.

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
The point is, there are no built in features allowing even novice user to check battery health (however accurate Apple want it to be). Yes, log files include those data. Yes, there are ways to utilise them, but do you really expect someone not too familiar with all of those hoops to figure out all of those you just mentioned? I taught someone using a program with literally 3 steps to generate an export file. And I had to repeat it 2 more times for that user to use the program proper. Apple not having this built in Into iPadOS is just puzzling.
I thought the OP wants to know the battery “health” of their iPad. Shortcuts allows for that.
Install a shortcut, select a file, run shortcut. And that’s for the first time - after that it’: select file, run shortcut. This is not really “hoops” in my book, but obviously YMMV.
Of course it would be nice to have the same interface to this as provided by Apple on iOS, but as long as this isn’t available, this simply works. Btw. there are more elaborate shortcuts for this freely available (since iOS 12), e.g. this one.

Pierre535

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2017
Followed the procedure, installed the shortcut, opened an analytic file, selected battery shortcut from the top right menu and all it returns is battery cycle: 10 cycles. I’ve had this iPad Pro for almost a year. Count cannot be correct. Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 9.33.22 AM.png

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Followed the procedure, installed the shortcut, opened an analytic file, selected battery shortcut from the top right menu and all it returns is battery cycle: 10 cycles. I’ve had this iPad Pro for almost a year. Count cannot be correct. View attachment 2250145

Is that with heavy daily use and charging?

1 charge cycle is from 0->100% so if you do partial charges of:
70% -> 90%
50% -> 80%
40% -> 90%

That only counts as 1 cycle.

Pierre535

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2017

Assistant

Use Migration Assistant to copy all of your documents, apps, user accounts, and settings to a new Mac from another computer.

Is that with heavy daily use and charging?

1 charge cycle is from 0->100% so if you do partial charges of:
70% -> 90%
50% -> 80%
40% -> 90%

That only counts as 1 cycle.
No, i use it every day. Additionally, as previously stated, the shortcut only shows cycles, unlike the other post which showed several results.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.