Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thunderclap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 8, 2003
I work in an office where we have two Macs with Adobe Production Suite. They each have a 4TB external drive and we want to keep them synced bi-directional. The reason is for two reasons: backup, but also so we can easily access a project from our own terminal if the other user is out. So I'm looking for a good piece of software that can keep the two drives in sync either on a schedule or when it senses the file structure has changed. Can anyone recommend such a program?

jdelgado

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2009
Chile
I work in an office where we have two Macs with Adobe Production Suite. They each have a 4TB external drive and we want to keep them synced bi-directional. The reason is for two reasons: backup, but also so we can easily access a project from our own terminal if the other user is out. So I'm looking for a good piece of software that can keep the two drives in sync either on a schedule or when it senses the file structure has changed. Can anyone recommend such a program?

I would recommend Chronosync for this (www.econtechnologies.com). I think the offer a demo, so you can try it.

TonyK

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2009
ChronoSync could be a good solution.

Given the nature of the work, why not install and configure a NAS so all system would have access to the files over the network and not through shares on a computer? Then use ChronoSync to sync the NAS to the external drives and also set up a rotation schedule.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.