Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 22, 2015
Apple does not provide any supported way for you to check your app’s integrity. iOS already does that by default.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/52801

BlackBerry selling point, their DTEK and other measures to tell if a system's integrity is compromised.

If it's been detected in the past, outside of a "hacked" Xcode posted and used briefly in China, I haven't heard "iOS says my system is compromised " either issues Ard caught before apps are posted to App Store, or is very rare. Something.

I guess a failed update and)or having to wipe a phone to resolve is a symptom.

What about storage system directory? Use to be common on desktop.

Not supporting sdxc cards reduces problems, "infection" or just their higher incidence of failure and much slower medium.

In the end, once my phone is set up I don't want to gave to redo or have it compromised and deal with passwords and such, even with 2FA enabled where it is supported.

Considering iPhone 7S Plus, S8+, if Huawei P10 Plus - along with what I have now.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
hmm... Not sure if I entirely agree with what you posted

If what you say is correct, that iOS already checks your app's integrity by default - then what would be the point of YOU checking that, too?
The "walled garden" that is iOS doesn't allow installation of compromised code in the first place.
You don't have access to the file system on a non-JB iOS device, so not much point to extra scans, etc.
More likely, you would have situations involving corrupted data (not really an indication of a hack job, or "compromised code"), which would be fixed up by a backup and restore of your iOS device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.