Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
What exactly is this kind of issue? It pops up everytime i reboot! Im using SnowLeopard
Screen shot 2015-12-25 at 12.01.19 μ.μ..png

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
What exactly is this kind of issue? It pops up everytime i reboot! Im using SnowLeopard View attachment 607194
The popup tells you exactly what the issue is. You have a system extension that is improperly installed. That can be the result of copying a kext file from another Mac, or copying the file directly from a backup.
The popup also tells you that it can't use (and therefore won't load) that extension.
Your example shows a USB Ethernet network driver, usually for a USB to Ethernet adapter.
It's an Apple kext (part of the installed OS X, so the fix is simple:
Reinstall Snow Leopard from your original installer. When that completes, run your Software Update until it no longer shows available updates..
Another fix to simply get rid of that window, if you don't use a USB to Ethernet network adapter - delete that file. The popup tells you where the file is located, so you can just drag it out to the trash. You will have to authenticate to do that. (If you don't ever use a USB to Ethernet adapter, you can choose to ignore that missing .kext file, unlikely your system would ever miss it!)

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Thanks Delta! I cannot understand what might be the device that uses a "USB to Ethernet adapter"!!!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
You would know what you use for USB to ethernet. That would usually be a USB dongle, with an ethernet port on the end.
If you don't know what that is - and you don't have one or use one, then that makes it all easy:
Just trash that file.
Again, the popup window tells you exactly where the find it.

My additional thought is that deleting that file will take care of THAT popup.
But, if you don't use that kind of adapter, then why did it get that way?

You could have other minor issies that may or may not be as apparent as a popup message.
An OS X reinstall would, in a sense, repair your existing system.
That would be another reason that I would suggest a reinstall of OS X

Reactions: zoran
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.