Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lenalandmine

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Dallas, Tx
I hope this is posted in the right place. I'm a fan of Facebook's "memories" or "taken on this day" photo notifications where it'll show a photo you've posted x number of years ago. It's a really great use of photos posted, I think. Instead of never seeing them again, you see them every year on that date. It helps with actually remembering certain things, especially dates, and I just love it. The problem is, it's obviously only for things posted to Fb - which I don't do too much of, yet I have over 12k photos in the Photos app on my Mac. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way, by means of app or Automation perhaps, to be notified daily (somehow) of photos taken on this date in previous years. It would be really incredible to see things I've forgotten about, and photos I might not have seen since I took them. I tinkered in Photos and Automator for a bit, but couldn't seem to find a way to make it work. Please let me know if you have any ideas, and thanks a bunch in advance!!

Dydegu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2015
Pennsylvania
You might be able to do this with Siri in Sierra. "Siri, show me photos from a year ago." (or something like that).

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I hope this is posted in the right place. I'm a fan of Facebook's "memories" or "taken on this day" photo notifications where it'll show a photo you've posted x number of years ago. It's a really great use of photos posted, I think. Instead of never seeing them again, you see them every year on that date. It helps with actually remembering certain things, especially dates, and I just love it. The problem is, it's obviously only for things posted to Fb - which I don't do too much of, yet I have over 12k photos in the Photos app on my Mac. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way, by means of app or Automation perhaps, to be notified daily (somehow) of photos taken on this date in previous years. It would be really incredible to see things I've forgotten about, and photos I might not have seen since I took them. I tinkered in Photos and Automator for a bit, but couldn't seem to find a way to make it work. Please let me know if you have any ideas, and thanks a bunch in advance!!

Yeah, that's one thing I actually love about Facebook. Not only that but if it were built into (Apple) photos it would be an easy way to go through and delete old photos you no longer need without being overwhelmed.

Google Photos has this feature and a really nice app to go along with it. Might want to check that out if you haven't already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.