Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brentg33

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
Hi everyone,

I am debating on taking my M2 MBP camping next month.
It will be at a state park and in a tent, but will have our car at the camping spot.
I am a photographer and would like to off load and review the days photos each night.
In the past, when I have camped, I have been a bit too nervous to bring the MBP.
I have a water resistant sleeve ( from Amazon ) and a Pelican hard case I can then put it in.
For those that have brought their MBP camping/outdoors - how has it gone? and what have you used for protection?

Thanks

steve123

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2007
Necessary camping gear:

Solar panel
Lithium battery
Starlink

Protection wise, I do not do anything special but I do lock it up.

weddlec

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2008
Assistant scoutmaster here and I take mine all the time. I used mine in a hammock during a rainstorm (under a rainfly of course). I make sure to have a case and if you're worried about water damage just make a rule for yourself that says "As soon as I'm not using the computer it gets, shut down, put in it's case, put in the car or a waterproof bag." Just follow that and you should be fine.

In terms of photography only, these days I just take a micro USB to USB C cable and offload my pics from my camera to the iPad. I use a good case and screen protector. I triage my photos with the iPad and then do my serious work at home.

• Love
Reactions: hovscorpion12
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.