Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MichaelMidnight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Los Angeles
Like most of you, I hardly ever use my phone to take actual voice calls but rather use it as my main camera for pictures and video. Now there's been lots of talk of sensors and OIS, but it just dawned on me on the actually execution of these new iPhones in the wild and in every day situations.

For me, with an iPhone using TouchID this is my flow. I'm walking through downtown when I happen to see a sparrow fly down atop a trash bin with the Autumn Sun making the bird's feather look like a golden fleece. A great shot just waiting to be taken. I move my thumb, unlock my phone with TouchID, swipe to the side to access the Photo App and quietly set up my frame and take the shot. All done in a matter of seconds.

But how is the flow with FaceID? Am I going to have to lift my phone up to my face and possibly scare the bird away? Do I just swipe and quickly put in my passcode?

Is the flow of getting pictures on the fly going to be slower now with FaceID vs TouchID?

What are your thoughts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.