Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheTom9

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2015
London, UK
i remember the time I got my iPhone last month and how I was amazed by the sound the vibration made - it was quieter the then 6 yet stronger, I liked it.

Then one silent night my phone was vibrating and it was just awfully loud, can't explain how loud, it's just ridiculous, like there's something loose in it.. It took me 10 swaps to get a normal phone without shaky home buttons, dead pixels or very loose headphone jacks and so I don't want to exchange it again just to get another silly issue so I l though I'd ask if anybody else has the same issue?

By the way, one out of 10 times the vibration is normal, silent, then the rest 9x loud and while notification vibrations are loud, the 3D Touch ones are perfect just like there were.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Maybe your next one will be perfect. Or maybe you'll end up swapping your phone another 10 times. :confused:

TheTom9

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2015
London, UK
Maybe your next one will be perfect. Or maybe you'll end up swapping your phone another 10 times. :confused:

That's what I'm afraid of, that I'm gonna get a perfect haptic engine but with a different, bigger issue plus I've got a screen protector on the phone and I hate putting it on so I don't want to do it again. Duh, so annoying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.