Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miss Daredevil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Hey, everyone.
smile.png
I'm a first time iPhone user (got my 64 GB SE a few days ago), and being extremely OCD and protective of my cute little phone, I got myself a Ringke case and a tempered glass screen protector.

I tried to apply the screen protector on my own, however, even if I put it correctly, I noticed some dust sneaked in. I took it off, cleaned it, put it on. More dust. I did this several times. Maybe up to 10? Like I said, OCD. The glass is still sticking to the phone but there are two little fingerprints in two corners (where the phone is white, so it's only noticeable under light), however, I want them gone.

I decided to order a Nillkin 9H+ Pro tempered glass and I'll replace this one in a few weeks when it arrives, but I was just wondering can the constant peeling off/on hurt my screen in any way? I know I might sound paranoid, but I just want everything to be perfect. Thanks in advance.
smile.png

Cassie2015

macrumors member
May 10, 2016
United States
some screen protectors did not anti-fingerprint. Or maybe you are not good at mobile phone stickers, but you can have a try other film or ask professional to stick

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
To answer you question, you are not hurting your screen doing this. Just make sure you wash your hands, wipe the screen down really well, try to be in a dust proof area (bathrooms after showering a good), and apply the new screen protector. Good luck and enjoy the new iPhone SE!

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
It won't hurt the screen at all. I've been thru countless s/p's and nothing has happened. Just ensure, like the previous user stated, to wipe the screen really good prior to applying the product. I use the shower trick and the "hinge" method. It should be way easier on the SE since the screen is flat and not curved like the 6/6S.

Miss Daredevil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Thank you so much for your replies, it never occurred to me to try it in a steamy room, but it makes sense. I'll be very careful next time. :)

Reactions: danny8200

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hey, everyone.
smile.png
I'm a first time iPhone user (got my 64 GB SE a few days ago), and being extremely OCD and protective of my cute little phone, I got myself a Ringke case and a tempered glass screen protector.

I tried to apply the screen protector on my own, however, even if I put it correctly, I noticed some dust sneaked in. I took it off, cleaned it, put it on. More dust. I did this several times. Maybe up to 10? Like I said, OCD. The glass is still sticking to the phone but there are two little fingerprints in two corners (where the phone is white, so it's only noticeable under light), however, I want them gone.

I decided to order a Nillkin 9H+ Pro tempered glass and I'll replace this one in a few weeks when it arrives, but I was just wondering can the constant peeling off/on hurt my screen in any way? I know I might sound paranoid, but I just want everything to be perfect. Thanks in advance.
smile.png

No, it won't affect your screen.

To apply a screen protector:
  1. Clean bathroom.
  2. Close any AC registers.
  3. Long hot shower without vent on.
  4. Clean surface of phone, prep materials.
  5. Quickly & carefully Apple protector without giving dust a change to settle.
  6. If edges are hard to hold without touching adhesive side of protector, try using some scotch tape for manouvering the protector.
FYI, some small bubbles may exist initially but usually dissipate within 24 hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.