Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rweakins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2007
i was wondering how i would go about tethering my canon rebel xt to my mac with leopard. what software i need and how i do so

jhamerphoto

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
If the software your camera came with doesn't support it, Canon might make something like Nikon's Camera Control Pro, but I'm not familiar with Canon. I shoot with a Sony A700, and it came with tethering software. I used it for grad portrait shooting at my school and they liked it so much that they decided to start tethering.

IMHO, Canon makes everything too difficult with Rebels, so finding tethering software that works might be kind of tough. Good luck though!

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
i was wondering how i would go about tethering my canon rebel xt to my mac with leopard. what software i need and how i do so

Leopards version of Image Capture will do it. There is a button labeled "Take A Picture". Not other camera controls. Canon's software I think will do tis too. Should have come with the caera if not it's on Canon's web site for free.

jhamerphoto

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
Leopards version of Image Capture will do it. There is a button labeled "Take A Picture". Not other camera controls. Canon's software I think will do tis too. Should have come with the caera if not it's on Canon's web site for free.

I think what he means is as he's taking the pictures, they automatically download through USB to the hard drive. Image Capture doesn't do this; I tried that when I was trying to figure out how to tether with my DSLR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.