Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattG

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
What's the easiest way to do the following...some of you may remember the other day I was asking about lighting for portrait photos. I have another question for the same event. I want to be able to hook my MBP up to my camera, and have it download the pictures live, as I'm taking them, so they can be displayed nice and big for the faculty to look at as I take them. I know it can be done, I've seen it before.

Canon has an "EOS Capture" program but based of everything I've read, it's incompatible with Leopard. Anyone know of an alternative I can use? I tried a demo of Lightroom but couldn't seem to do it in there, couldn't do it in iPhoto, couldn't do it in Photoshop.

khoat1

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2007
I've read that the EOS Capture 1.5 works fine in Leopard. I think DPP has issues with Leopard. I would test it out prior to your shoot.

If it doesn't work right, you can always boot to Windows if you had to just for the live capture.

MattG

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I've read that the EOS Capture 1.5 works fine in Leopard. I think DPP has issues with Leopard. I would test it out prior to your shoot.

If it doesn't work right, you can always boot to Windows if you had to just for the live capture.

I'll try again; what happens is I double click on it to open it, it flashes in the dock for a second, then closes back down without any error message or anything.

d3h872

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2001
Tri-Cities, Washington
Same thing happens to me...

Same thing -- I open the app and it indicates that it's trying to open, then it dies without notice. I've tried re-installing (including removing all dependent files) to no avail.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Canon seems to have updated the program, as I just got an XTi and the program used to tether the camera is now called EOS Utility (version 2.0) and it works great in Leopard.

Is it possible for you to download the new version from the Canon site? More importantly, does the XT work with the new software?

d3h872

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2001
Tri-Cities, Washington
I've downloaded the software and will try it soon. Canon's download pages are terribly confusing (to me, at least). So hopefully I've downloaded what I need.

- Ryan

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
What's the easiest way to do the following...

Leopard's Image Capture now has a button "Take a PIcture". Click it while your camera is connected by a USB cable and it will trip the camera's shutter and download the image. It is primitive. There is no preview and you can not control the camera's setting. All you can do is trip the shutter But you asked "What's the easiest way.." and Image Capture is it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.