Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wankey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
I bought my MBP on the week it was launched in the summer of 2012, I was biking around NYC working for a startup in mid town. I had little change in my pocket but I really wanted the MBP. I had an old aluminum MBP I used for 5 years that finally went kaput, and decided to splurge. At the time, I thought it was a terrible decision, 1999 for a laptop was way more than I've ever spent. But what a journey it has been, it's one my more favored possessions, and it is aptly named... "precious".

This MBPR has gone through everything, I used to commute via bike from Port Jefferson to Southamptons, it would sit on my back and take the beating. I would run with it down the NYC subways trying to make sure I make it to work. One time I dropped it running to a bus station in downtown Toronto, and cracked the bottom case in half, which I used for an entire year before finally putting some money into fixing it.

I've written millions of lines of code, comments, angry emails, love letters, you name it. I've designed beautiful websites on it, shown it to clients who marvel at the display (was a cool thing back in the day). I've made its cost back and then some in side jobs and work. It's gone through the cold canadian winter, the hot florida summer, and even the humid and dirty indian summers. It's survived all of this, and continues to keep going.

So thank you Mr. Macbook Pro. There's no other laptop in the world that has served me this well.

Queen6

macrumors G4
Well they do get about, as do others...
Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 13.45.23.png
From my 2015 rMB & 2016 TabPro S, preparing for the rainforest. Still have some of the older gear; Early 2008 15" MBP all, original barring the battery, and a HP from 2001 that was left in an outhouse at the farm for 5 years, still starts up, little disappointed the paints coming off :)

Q-6

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Yep, I've said this before, that my 2012 rMBP was the best laptop I've ever owned. Its been replaced by and large but it still holds a warm place in my heart :)

Spudlicious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2015
Bedfordshire, England
It's worth bearing in mind that most electronics buyers, not just of Apple products, are perfectly satisfied and get good service from their kit. The industry gives us miracles at affordable prices, and we should all be glad to live in this age.

Reactions: Queen6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.