Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mouzouris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
I am looking for people who bought this case to tell me their impressions before i pull the trigger.

156544824_1038417636567181_3276670157695835709_o.jpg

159175212_1042534422822169_6683016957683574877_o.jpg

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
i have the case, i do like the case except for one flaw. the buttons are cutouts with a recess so the actual iphone button is actually lower inside the cutout which makes it not as easy to press. also the case is a smudge magnet too. these pics are only after one day of usage.

Attachments

• 2021-03-24 13.25.32.jpg
    2021-03-24 13.25.32.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 1,509
  • 2021-03-24 13.26.11.jpg
    2021-03-24 13.26.11.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 1,476
Reactions: mouzouris

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
i have the case, i do like the case except for one flaw. the buttons are cutouts with a recess so the actual iphone button is actually lower inside the cutout which makes it not as easy to press. also the case is a smudge magnet too. these pics are only after one day of usage.
? looks hideous, it’s a no for me.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
? looks hideous, it’s a no for me.
yeah it's a shame too i was looking for a minimal case with magsafe but those buttons are a deal breaker. currently using the Phone Rebel Crystal Gen 2 with a Metal Ring on the back for magsafe lol

Reactions: LFC2020

mouzouris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
Thats exactly what i wanted to know opening this thread :) If its a smudge magnet or not. Do they at least wipe off easily?

I had a similar texture case last year for the 11 PM. And smudges was sooo difficult to remove.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
Thats exactly what i wanted to know opening this thread :) If its a smudge magnet or not. Do they at least wipe off easily?

I had a similar texture case last year for the 11 PM. And smudges was sooo difficult to remove.
i had to use a microfiber cloth and rub fairly hard just to remove them wasnt easy lol but the secound i touched it again it smudged so cleaning it is kind of pointless as it wont last.

mouzouris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
i had to use a microfiber cloth and rub fairly hard just to remove them wasnt easy lol but the secound i touched it again it smudged so cleaning it is kind of pointless as it wont last.
A BIG NO for me then ? You just saved me $70 ?

Matcha

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2021
I would rather a Dbrand skin than a very thin case
feels much better in hand and offers the same scratch protection.

mouzouris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
I would rather a Dbrand skin than a very thin case
feels much better in hand and offers the same scratch protection.
To be honest i am using my 12 pro max naked since launch date. I hate skins ? I am just using a sleeve so i protect it when its in my pocket etc. I got an apple leather case as well but it sits unused and i am just looking for a minimal case that is not hard pp (like totallee, peel etc.) and that doesnt collect a huge amount of smudges.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
I just ordered the Graphite color for my iPhone 12 mini space gray. I love how the buttons not sticking out to prevent scratches. Noticed the button cutouts are rounded so you can press better. I’m using the Apple Silicone case right now. I’ve been looking for a super thin case with MagSafe. Kudos to Bare, they beat the main players like Totallee, Peel, Caudabe and Spigen.

mouzouris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
I just ordered the Graphite color for my iPhone 12 mini space gray. I love how the buttons not sticking out to prevent scratches. Noticed the button cutouts are rounded so you can press better. I’m using the Apple Silicone case right now. I’ve been looking for a super thin case with MagSafe. Kudos to Bare, they beat the main players like Totallee, Peel, Caudabe and Spigen.
Report back with your impressions when you receive it :D

easheer

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2010
I have this case in gold for my 12 Pro Max. I really do like the case. I wanted a very thin case, hard shell, with MagSafe. With a screen protector it provides enough protection for my purposes.

I will caution you if you have an issue with your case/order anything...11 days in, the back of my case started peeling. I did not scratch the case, or have anything sharp come in contact with it. I thought it was a small smudge or something so I rubbed it with my finger which made it worse so I took a photo and sent it to Bare. It is right in the center of the case where the MagSafe charger attaches and I thought it may have been something to do with the persistent heat that's given off when charging. They sent me a 3 second video of someone holding a lighter an inch away from the case saying "see...it didn't melt". :rolleyes:

Then they asked a question about if I was using an official Belkin MagSafe charger (I am). I let them know that and I've not heard a peep since.

Their customer service to this point has been terrible and I've pretty much just given up on them. It took them over 3-4 days to respond to my initial request and they've been silent since my response to them and one more follow-up I sent after that.

For me it's the principle. To no fault of my own, I have a $50 case that started peeling 11 days in. A company should stand behind the durability of their product. I'm certainly questioning it.

Other than that, nice case :)

UPDATE: The company did respond and replaced my case at no cost to me, so at least they do stand behind their product. They have a coating on there to improve grip, and suspected that a cleaning wipe my have caused it to rub off, which I did use on the case. I do like the case so I'm happy I'm getting a replacement.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.