Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjr1000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
One dares not remove their S4 Nike+ from thy box without a screen protector prepared for installation. So I purchased the “big three” ahead of time for this very moment. Armorsuit, IQ Shield, and Skinomi 44mm (advertised as such) wet install film screen protectors. And the winner, just from opening the boxes and looking at the protectors, is Armorsuit. Why? It is significantly larger and the only true edge-to-edge protector. I had used Skinomi exclusively on my S3 and had gone through 2 packs of 6 over 11 months. Because every 3-4 weeks, the edges would begin to show and the corners would begin to peel. They were not quite edge-to-edge. Looks to be the same close-but-not-quite design this time around too. And the IQ Shield is exactly the same size. All else seems to be the same between the three brands, same finish and thickness. But the Armorsuit is quite larger.

upload_2018-10-6_12-13-11.jpeg

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
One dares not remove their S4 Nike+ from thy box without a screen protector prepared for installation. So I purchased the “big three” ahead of time for this very moment. Armorsuit, IQ Shield, and Skinomi 44mm (advertised as such) wet install film screen protectors. And the winner, just from opening the boxes and looking at the protectors, is Armorsuit. Why? It is significantly larger and the only true edge-to-edge protector. I had used Skinomi exclusively on my S3 and had gone through 2 packs of 6 over 11 months. Because every 3-4 weeks, the edges would begin to show and the corners would begin to peel. They were not quite edge-to-edge. Looks to be the same close-but-not-quite design this time around too. And the IQ Shield is exactly the same size. All else seems to be the same between the three brands, same finish and thickness. But the Armorsuit is quite larger.

View attachment 792626

I am going to assume you did not get the Max Coverage version of the IQ Shield...

My order is sitting in my office. I'm on a flight home and am looking forward to checking them out soon.

RedllowFenix

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012

View attachment 792626
Link for the armorsuit?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I put on both versions of the IQ Shield. The max does cover the screen better.

All of the larger protectors do take a bit more effort on the edges.

All of them, IMO, are the same material.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Email each company and ask them what makes their protector better that the competition. For me, its too soon to tell. The edge of the protector and how much lint it gathers and snags is key. I dont know why they have not rounded the edges.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
So what’s the verdict after a month or so. Looking to get ready for my 4 and u want both a good screen protector and a case but need them to be as slim as possible (want to be able to switch bands so don’t like the case with band connected combos). Thanks.

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
So what’s the verdict after a month or so. Looking to get ready for my 4 and u want both a good screen protector and a case but need them to be as slim as possible (want to be able to switch bands so don’t like the case with band connected combos). Thanks.

I've had my ArmorSuit on since day 1, it was here before the watch was. Still looks as good as the day I put it on, no signs of peeling around the edges. I also bought RhinoGear skins to test as I had good luck with those on Series 2 but this one has shown no signs of needing replaced. I'd not hesitate to recommend ArmorSuit. The only downside is you get 2 skins vs the other brands which include more.

Reactions: Mac'nCheese
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.