Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hitmanbbq59

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2020
We all know that we will have the iPhone 13/Pro in our hands in less than a month, so I have a question for everyone.

If you are upgrading, what made you upgrade? Promotion? Smaller notch? Always on display?

If not, what made you keep your current phone? A missing feature?

I am upgrading from the 12 Pro max to the 13 pro max because of Promotion, AOD, and smaller notch. With the iPhone trade in value being the highest its ever been with the 12 series, I thought I would take advantage of it.

Reactions: The.Glorious.Son

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I was an annual adopter from day 1 until the XS series (I chose the 8 plus over the X the previous year). I am one of the few who cannot tolerate the OLED screens due to PWM so I’ve been on the 11. Only way I can upgrade to the 13 series is if there is some type of change that makes the phones usable for me. Really sucks not having a pro model which is what I’d prefer.

Sumter

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2014
I am on iPhone Upgrade Program. I usually upgrade every year no questions asked.

However for this year, I am seriously considering not upgrading and keeping my phone (1. the phone works totally fine and 2. I am in the process of saving up to buy a house by March so money is tight) but my 12 Pro battery is degrading very quickly (launch day phone at 86% capacity. Never had one this low and my usage has not changed at all. My husband's 12 is 95% so something's wrong with mine). Hard to say. I will have to watch the keynote and discuss with my husband.

If I do upgrade, I probably will get 13 Pro. I'm looking forward to having 120Hz screen. I like big phones but last time I tried MAX (XS MAX) it was unwieldy for me. It's really heavy too. Kinda funny considering I can use my Galaxy S21 Plus without an issue.

Reactions: Hitmanbbq59

Bobout

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2017
Apple Valley
I’m also on the iPhone Apple upgrade program and I upgraded ever year regardless of the features but seems worth it to me to have the latest technology and the last few years its been the same cost so its a no brained for me

Reactions: Hitmanbbq59

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
I upgrade when I like and base the decision on available products not rumours.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m keeping my 12 Pro Max for another year, due to I don’t want to use iOS 15, until CSAM has been tested, and I want a Rose Gold iPhone. Features don’t mean anything to me and never wow me except when the Qualcomm modem was put back into iPhones again. If Apple do announce a Rose Gold iPhone, it’ll be hard for me not to upgrade. I just won’t be using iCloud to upload photos or text messages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.